Tuesday 8 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2014/04/top-ten-gateway-booksauthors-in-our.html
This is a weekly Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Where Fellow Book Bloggers Share The Top Ten of The Given Subject.

Top Ten Blogging Confessions

1. I have no idea how to use the common blogging sites Netgallery and Bloglovin. Even though I have an account, I have no idea what it is for let alone how to use it.

2. I have been blogging for a year and I still don't have a clue how to make my design look more professional. I am still discovering new things every day such as InLinkz. 

3. Sometimes I still get upset over the lack of comments on my actual reviews. Maybe one day will I get into the big blogging world!

4. I have contemplated giving up Mythology Monday more than once due to no one else joining in, however I stuck with it and hope for the future.

5. When I reviewed the first book that was requested by an author I was wary about saying anything bad to upset them....

6. I tend to sometimes write so many reviews at once that I get bored of reviewing. Note to self: Little and Often!

7. I sometimes take so long to get round to writing a review that I just cut that book off my list completely.

8. I am very behind in the books that are up and coming and current. To be honest I just read the backlog of books I have on my shelf at home and hope that I am promoting alternative old books for my readers instead of the new books out.

9. I am sometimes very bad at revealing spoilers. This is because I can't help but have to discuss the big twists that make the book so spectacular. Just look out for the warnings in my post!

10. I run out of time to go and look at so many other blogs now. I used to read loads via email subscription. Now I can only fit in the odd couple here and there.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 8 July 2014 at 05:35 , Blogger Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I feel sad when I only get a few comments. But it seems that the more I comment on others' blogs, the more visitors (and comments!) I get.

Here's My Blogging Confessions!

 
At 8 July 2014 at 07:08 , Blogger Cora - Tea Party Princess said...

Oh, your feature sounds very cool :) I think I'll take part next week (better get my thinking cap on!).
Love your list :) I wish I had a better design too.
Cora @ Tea Party Princess

 
At 8 July 2014 at 07:38 , Blogger Tracy said...

Haha! I just figured out how to use Netgalley yesterday! I'm sure someone would be willing to help you figure it out. :) I bought my blog template on Etsy! There are tons of people there who can design and install your template to make your blog exactly what you want! And I totally know how you feel about your comments. I've only been at it for three months and it bums me out that I seem to only get comments on memes. Oh well... I do agree that the more you comment elsewhere, the more comments you get. And number five is on my list too! Great list!

Here are my Confessions!

 
At 8 July 2014 at 09:18 , Blogger Readitandwept said...

I don't know how bloglovin works at all either so I try to stay away. Mythology Monday sounds cool, maybe I'll join in next week so don't get rid of it!

Keely @ ireaditandwept

 
At 8 July 2014 at 15:25 , Anonymous Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight said...

I love Bloglovin, because I can read snippets of all the blogs I follow (since it is obviously impossible to read everyone's posts every day!) and then decide which I MUST read. While I understand Netgalley, it scares the crap out of me ;) Mainly because I cannot get Google Analytics to work for anything, so I have no idea how to report stats :/

As for review comments, I find that even on the "big" blogs, they are a little sparse sometimes. (Don't get me wrong, I still totally stress about it, but it makes me stress a bit less, so maybe it will help you too!)

And the blog look thing.. ugh. I literally tried for months and months, learned more html than I ever intended to learn, and eventually gave up and paid someone. There are more inexpensive designs out there, and I justified it as me not going crazy trying to design myself, since I was very obviously bad at it/hated it ;)

 
At 8 July 2014 at 16:09 , Blogger Susan said...

NetGalley and Bloglovin' are both really easy to use. It just takes a little time to get used to the way they're set up. I love both sites and use them often.

 
At 8 July 2014 at 20:07 , Blogger Monique Morris said...

Oh wow, it's like you read my mind! Except for number 6....I wish I had that problem.

 
At 9 July 2014 at 00:42 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank You :) I would love to have you take part!

 
At 9 July 2014 at 00:43 , Blogger Unknown said...

That is what i will attempt to do :)

 
At 9 July 2014 at 00:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice :) Good luck with your own blog!

 
At 9 July 2014 at 00:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I would love you to take part!

 
At 9 July 2014 at 00:45 , Blogger Unknown said...

ah is that was bloglovin and netgallery are for :P Thanks for the advice :)

 
At 9 July 2014 at 00:46 , Blogger Unknown said...

I will make sure I go on them more often and try and learn how to use them!

 
At 9 July 2014 at 00:46 , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, thats cool :)

 
At 9 July 2014 at 03:12 , Blogger Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Alternative old books are great! I personally take a long time to feel excited about anything, so when blogs are focussed on new releases, I don't find much of interest in them. On the other hand, I've finally started reading the novels which came out in the wake of Twilight, and now it's a pleasure to go through the archives of those blogs and read their old reviews. =)

My own meme is just a feature now, because people stopped joining two years ago. I was gutted when it happened, but I still like writing about settings even if no one else does, so I still keep it up. It's not as regular as it used to be, though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home