Tuesday 10 February 2015

Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romance In Books

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2014/04/top-ten-gateway-booksauthors-in-our.html
This is a weekly Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Where Fellow Book Bloggers Share Their Top Ten of The Given Subject.

Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romance In Books

I like a good Romance in a book - but only when it is a GOOD romance and some things about it can really get on my nerves and change my whole view on a book.

Dislike 
1. Love Triangles 
As many of my readers will already know, I detest Love Triangles. You either love someone or you don't. Stringing along two guys is both cruel and cheating so unacceptable. They are just so annoying, the reader can tell straight away who the main character is destined to be with so it's annoying when she doesn't just make up her mind faster and be done with it!
2. Rushed Romance
A Rushed Romance takes away all the fun out of the book and you have nothing more to look forward to then. I get bored easily after the first kiss if it has been rushed and lose interest in the book.
3. Pathetic Whimpering Girls and Goody Goody Guys
This is the worst! When a girl is a desperate, pathetic, damsel in distress I instantly hate her. I just want to grab her by her hair and shout 'Stand up for yourself girl, you don't need a guy do everything for you!'. And don't get me started on the guys who are so perfect they can't do anything wrong. I like a bad boy, a rebel someone who ACTUALLY HAS FLAWS!

4. Instalove ('Love at First Sight')
This just doesn't happen in real life so shouldn't happen in books. Love is slow burning and the build up is what makes it so great. Many of the best romances centre around girls who only realise their love after spending lots of time and getting to know their guy. Attraction at first sight - yes, but not love.

5. That line that is in EVERY Romance kissing scene
'He licked her lips asking permission to enter'. Seriously, get some imagination, the girls already kissing you, you don't need permission to change the tone! THIS LINE IS IN NEAR ENOUGH EVERY ROMANCE BOOK I HAVE EVER READ AND I AM SO FED UP OF READING IT! 
6. Misunderstandings
Any misunderstanding that causes arguments or break-ups are annoying. If the couple would actually trust their partner and give them a chance to explain what happened - as any normal person would - then these misunderstandings wouldn't happen and annoy me so much.

Like
7. Love Hate Relationships 
When a girl and guy absolutly hate eachother at first then realise it is love - I just melt.
8. Doomed Romances that Work
I know its steryotypical but I just love a star-crossed lover story!
9. Tension and Build Up
As I said above I hate a rushed romance, the slower and the more build up the better. I love the small glances and touches that make up the begining of a REALISTIC relationship. So books with this are more attractive in my eyes. Leave us guessing, don't release all the details in one go!
10. Humour
Romance books with witty humour are all the better! If a book can make me laugh then I am hooked. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11 February 2015 at 07:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this list!!!! I changed mine up a bit check it out :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday2

 
At 26 February 2015 at 02:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you :) I'll check your post out :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home